Friday, June 1, 2007

The Amen

Dear Friends,

I have seen a poster recently where all the titles of Jesus Christ were given, when I was reading one by one, the title “The Amen” caught my attention. Let’s meditate on “The Amen”

Amen means truly or verily. It is an exclamation expressing agreement with a statement. At the end of a prayer it expresses the genuineness of the petition. If we see Mathew 6:13, Lord Jesus himself concludes the prayer like this, “yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever, Amen.” If we see Nehemiah 5:13, 8:16 all the people answered Amen, Amen with lifting their hands.
Why do we say Amen? The word ‘Amen’ is almost always last word of a solemn statement. Paul states that people of God should say ‘Amen’ at the end of a prayer in Church. (ICor 14:16) when we say Amen, we are saying, “Yes, before our God, I agree with that, I believe that to be true, I want that to be so.”

For our meditation, lets concentrate Rev 3:14, John write like this,” ….. these are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation” when I started meditating on this, God has spoken to me with the following verses. Rev 3: 19, 20., “Those whom I love, I rebuke and discipline, so be earnest and repent, here I am I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me.”

So the God of Amen, our lovely Lord Jesus Christ who is faithful and true God, is reminding once again about our present status in our Christian life. If we see this verse closely, we could able to see that, our God of Amen loves you and me, or in other words, our God of truth loves you and me, since He loved us, He has complete authority over us to discipline us. So lets be earnest and repent once again at His throne. When we see verse 20 of Rev 3, it says that, “Here I am, I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me”. It confirms that our faithful God is standing and knocking at our inner person. Are we able to hear His voice? May be we are busy and hearing many voices in our busy schedule. Lets stop and discern to our Lord’s voice today.

According Isaiah 65:16, May the God of Truth help us to be truthful in our Christian calling? Are we not so grateful to have faithful and true God in our midst whose ears are open at all times to HIS children. Amen.

May the God of Amen help us to be more faithful to succeed in our Christian life?. Amen and Amen.

Love and Prayers,

No comments: